Saturday 13 March 2010

Smooth throttle action!!

Blimey, dead excited as I have just fixed the sticky throttle that has afflicted the saloon since I bought her!!

Thanks to Colin Wake, he gave me a old 2500S throttle return system, took the defective unit of the car and fitted the secondhand unit and hey presto no more jerky throttle action. Amazingly enough this unit is more worn that the one I took off, but it def seems better, nice and progressive.

Marvellous, gave the car a bit of a pasting on the Chertsey by-pass, surprised a few moderns and all felt good in the world.

Blimey!!

Right, tomorrow I am going back up to the Midlands to attend the Race Retro show at the NAC, Stoneleigh. Was going to take the M25 and M40 route, reckon I'll go a more interesting route.

Next month I will have owned the car 6 years, reckon within those 6 years I have done more with the car than the previous owners did in 35 years. Track Days, 12 car rallies, a couple of Dutch rallies, 2no 10CRs, 4no HCRs and 1no RBRR, fantastic!

Whilst at Stoneleigh last weekend I bumped into Roy Burrell who is doing the Herald engine work, just waiting on some cam followers and the engine will be ready to collect. Then its time for some full on work on the car, would like to get her done for the Castle Combe TD in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers